FINDLAY, OHIO, (March 25, 2004) — Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is adding 10 new sizes to its Discoverer S/T light truck tire line.
The following Discoverer S/T tires sizes are now available:
* 265/70R16 for the Chevy Tahoe, Dodge Dakota SXT, Ford F-150, Nissan Xterra and a large portion of the Toyota 4X4 SUV/pickup truck market;
* 245/70R17 and the 275/60R20 are original equipment fitments for the 2002 and 2003 Dodge Ram;
* LT 235/80R17E and LT 245/70R17E for the 2003 Dodge Ram 3500;
* LT 265/70R17C and LT 265/70R17E for the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500;
* LT 275/70R17C for the 2000 and 2001 Dodge Ram 1500; and
* 33X12.50R17LT and 35X12.5R17LT for plus fitments.
“Many customers told us that they are not satisfied with the off-road and winter performance of the original equipment tires mounted on their pickup trucks and have asked us for help,” said John Pecoraro, product marketing manager for Cooper Tire.
“In response, we are introducing the new Dodge Ram pickup sizes and two new flotation sizes in our popular Discoverer S/T, with additional sizes to follow. This will help address the needs of the driver who uses his or her pickup in heavy duty and off-road applications, such as the construction industry or farming and ranching, just to name a few.”