* New-car dealerships: $55.2 billion
* General automotive repair shops: $26.8 billion
* Automotive body, paint & interior repair & maintenance: $20.8 billion
* Automotive parts & accessories stores: $14.7 billion
* Tire dealerships: $11.4 billion
TOTAL SALES: $128.9 billion
*In 2002, aftermarket parts, accessories, tires and services for light vehicles were sold to consumers through 42 distribution channels.
Source: Automotive Aftermarket Industry Assn./Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Assn. (Channel Forecast Model)