AKRON (Oct. 31, 2003) — Goodyear has made seven new assignments within North American Tire's consumer tire replacement business in a move to strengthen the tire maker's commitments to customers, Goodyear said.
The moves are effective Nov. 1.
“These organizational changes will lead us toward a more focused approach to filling the needs of our customers,” said Jack Winterton, vice president of consumer tire sales. “Resources are being redistributed to capitalize on the personal strengths of these key leaders and continue the turnaround of our NAT consumer tire division.”
Seven positions will focus directly on specific customers and distribution channels. The assignments are:
* John Peer—director, dealer sales and retail operations.
* Scott Soltis—director, Discount Tire Team.
* Barry Petrea—director, TBC Team.
* Todd Hershberger—director, Wal-Mart/Sam's Club Team.
* Tom Gravalos—director, key accounts.
* Chris Robinson—general manager, sales operations.
* Dave Carlson—manager, field training and merchandising managers.
Mr. Peer, a 32-year Goodyear veteran, will manage Goodyear's dealer sales business as well as continue to oversee retail operations, which he has done since 1998, the tire maker said.
“John brings to this job a tremendous background in serving dealers' needs over the years at Goodyear,” Mr. Winterton said. “He understands what dealers and our sales force face every day in their respective markets.”