CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Oct. 24, 2003)—American Tire Distributors Inc. has announced the winners of its second annual HeafNet Rewards Million Points sweepstakes.
The Charlotte-based distributor held a special drawing for first-time HeafNet users, and Dean Clark of Tire Express in Arroyo Grande, Calif., won 125,000 HeafNet Rewards points. Jerry Veal of Busy Bee Used Cars in Sandersville, Ga., won the 250,000-point grand prize in the existing user category.
Seven regional prize winners were awarded 125,000 HeafNet Rewards points that can be redeemed for a variety of merchandise and services that include electronics, outdoor power equipment and travel packages. They are:
* Carl McKeown of M&S Service in Fairhope, Ala.;
* Tommy Elder of Americas Truck & Tire Center in Canton, Ga.;* David Duty of Duty Tire & Service Center in Raleigh, N.C.;
* Jeff Cherry of Big O Tires Inc. in Santa Cruz, Calif.;
* David Jamison of Jamison's Service Center in Campbell, N.Y.;
* Terry Shirley of Winnsboro Auto Repair in Winnsboro, La.; and
* Kelly Akers of Wehr Motors of the Ozarks in Man Grove, Mo.
More than 4,500 dealers nationwide participate in HeafNet Rewards, an online rewards program for independent tire dealers. Dealers earn points for every $10 they spend, and they can use the Internet to order tires, wheels and related products with quick access to product inventory, order entry, product pricing, tire and wheel fitment information and account balance and payment status.