SKOKIE, Ill. (Oct. 2, 2003) — Consumers Digest has stamped its “Best Buy” designation on several tires in its September/October issue.
The consumer magazine bestowed the designation on the following tires in its passenger car categories:
* All-season—Pirelli P6000 Sport Veloce, Dunlop SP4000, BFGoodrich Comp T/A HR4.
* Touring—Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus, Bridgestone Turanza LS-V/LS-Z, Pirelli P400 Touring.
* Performance—Goodyear Eagle F1 GS, Firestone Firehawk SZ50EP, General XP2000 GT.
In the light truck/sport-utility vehicle segment, the magazine recognized the following tires:
* All-purpose—Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo, Michelin LTX A/T, Yokohama Geolander A/T Plus.
* Sport—Yokohama AVS S/T, Bridgestone Dueler H/P, Pirelli Scorpion Zero.
Within each category, the magazine designated a “premium,” “mid-range” and “economy” selection, respectively.
“Pirelli is known around the world for its high-performance and ultra-high-performance car tires,” said Guy Mannino, president and CEO of Pirelli Tire North America Inc. “But the Consumers Digest seal of approval for our Scorpion Zero points out the strides we have made in tires for light trucks and SUVs as exemplified by our OE fitments on Ford, Dodge and Porsche. And both the Scorpion Zero and P400 Touring were 'Economy Selections,' proving that you don't have to trade value to achieve excellent quality and performance.”
Goodyear also lauded its win in the performance segment.
“Being recognized by an independent authority for having the top performance tire is an honor, and we are glad to receive the attention,” said Donn Kramer, director of Goodyear brand consumer tire marketing. “But our Eagle F1 tires are winning rave reviews every day from our retailers who sell them and from our customers who buy and drive on them.”