Work-Life Balance in the New Millennium: Where Are We? Where Do We Need to Go?-a new study sponsored by the Canadian Policy Research Networks-indicates all is not in balance in the work life of at least some of the 6,000 employees surveyed.
Among the study's findings:
* 55 percent of workers had high levels of stress (up from 47 percent in 1991).
* 38 percent had a highly depressed mood (up from 33 percent).
* 40 percent were highly satisfied with their life (down from 42 percent).
* 52 percent took work home (up from 31 percent).
* 45 percent were highly satisfied with their jobs (down from 62 percent).
* 50 percent were highly committed to their organization (down from 66 percent).
* 43 hours were spent at the office each week (up from 41 hours).