BOWIE, Md. (Aug. 19, 2014) — The voting period for the 2014 Tire Industry Association (TIA) board of directors election ends on Sept. 1.
The elections will place six individuals onto the TIA’s board for three-year terms. Association members with voting rights can choose from the following list of the nominees:
• Alpio Barbara—Redwood General Tire Pros, Redwood City, Calif.;
• Steve Burhenn—Becker Tire & Treading Inc., Great Bend, Kan.;
• Daniel Childers—TCi Tire Centers L.L.C., Duncan, S.C.;
• John Evankovich—Sam’s Club/WalMart Stores Inc., Bentonville, Ark.;
• David French—Travel Centers of America L.L.C., Concordia, Mo.;
• Robert Frick—Standard Motor Products, Columbia, S.C.;
• Robert Hendry—31 Incorporated, Newcomerstown, Ohio;
• Scot Holloway—Bartec USA L.L.C., Sterling Heights, Mich.;
• Bill Johnson—Tech International, Johnstown, Ohio;
• David Jones—Sonsio, Arvada, Colo.;
• Chris Monroe—Monroe Tire & Service, Shelby, N.C.;
• Michael Pursley—Wegmann Automotive North America, Murfreesboro, Tenn.;
• W Rippetoe—Schrader International Inc., Auburn Hills, Mich.;
• Craig Sumerel—AAA/Bob Sumerel Tire & Service, Cincinnati;
• Jason Williams—Jack Williams Tire Co., Scranton, Pa.; and
• Stu Zurcher—Strategic Alliance Group Inc., Indianapolis, Ind.
TIA said nominees’ photos and biographies are posted on its website. www.tireindustry.org Members can cast their ballot online by clicking here.
Election materials were mailed to the primary contacts at all eligible TIA member companies in July, according to the association. Ballots also may also be faxed to 301-430-7283 or mailed to TIA’s office at 1532 Pointer Ridge Place, Suite G, Bowie, MD 20716.
Results of the election will be announced in mid-September, with the new board members taking office on Monday, Nov. 3, at TIA’s Annual Meeting at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas during the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show.
Do you give any credence to news reports trying to link cancer in youth soccer players to crumb rubber used in artificial turf?
|Yes. Where there’s smoke there’s fire.||
|No. There’s no proof to make the claim.||
|I’m undecided and think there needs to be an independent study.||
|Total votes: 136|