FORT MILL, S.C. (Aug. 12, 2014) — Continental Tire the Americas L.L.C. is voluntarily recalling approximately 9,000 motorcycle tires, sizes 120/70 ZR and 120/70R17, worldwide for a possible condition in the tread and/or belt that may lead to tread separation and air loss.
The tires were manufactured between the 19th week of 2007 and the 26th week of 2014 at Conti’s plant in Korbach, Germany, and sold to both original equipment and replacement customers, Conti said.
There have been no reports of accidents or injuries because of this condition, but Conti said it is undertaking the recall to avoid any potential risk to owners.
The North American recall is part of a worldwide recall encompassing about 170,000 motorcycle tires total, according to Conti. The company began Aug. 8 to notify highway safety authorities around the world, it said.
The recalled tires have serial numbers as follows:
• 120/70 ZR 17 M/C (58W) TL ContiSportAttack — CP8B B5MV 1008 to 2614;
• 120/70 ZR 17 M/C (58W) TL ContiSportAttack2 — CP8B B5M4 4811 to 2614;
• 120/70R17 M/C (58H) TL ContiAttack SM — CP8B BXM9 1011 to 2614;
• 120/70 ZR 17 M/C (58W) TL ContiRaceAttack Comp. Soft — CP8B B5M1 1907 to 2614;
• 120/70 ZR 17 M/C (58W) TL ContiRaceAttack Comp. Medium — CP8B B5M1 2307 to 2614;
• 120/70 ZR 17 M/C (58W) TL ContiRaceAttack Comp. Endurance — CP8B 918B 3011 to 2614; and
• 120/70 ZR 17 M/C (58w) TL ContiRoadAttack 2 GTW — CP8B 91ES 2513 to 2614.
For further information on the recall, go to Conti’s website.
Is the uncertainty swirling about the U.S. presidential election this fall having any effect on your business plans?
|We've decided to put investments on hold.||
|We're not doing any hiring until the election's over.||
|It doesn't matter a bit. We're going full speed ahead.||
|We're taking a cautious approach and weighing every decision.||
|Is it too late to move to Canada?||
|I'm not planning to vote. It would be too painful.||
|Total votes: 88|