LONDON (Aug. 6, 2014) — Crain Communications Ltd. has rescheduled “Future Tire 2014” — a two-day conference on commercial and technical developments in the global tire industry — for Oct. 28-29 at a new venue in Brussels.
Crain, publisher of event organizer European Rubber Journal (ERJ)—as well as Tire Business—was forced to postpone in early June because the conference hotel’s leaseholder had filed for bankruptcy, forcing the hotel to shut.
The new venue is Le Chatelain Hotel Brussels in the heart of old Brussels.
Crain/ERJ also announced that Peter Taylor, director of the United Kingdom’s Imported Tyre Manufacturers’ Association and secretary of the Tyre Recovery Association, has returned to chair the event for a second year.
“‘Constructive engagement’ is how I would describe the twin challenges of meeting the expectations of our international audience and drawing out the best from our team of eminent speakers,” Mr. Tylor said. “As always, I relish these challenges.
Among topics on the agenda are:
- An insight into the long-term automotive landscape;
- Developments in regulatory policy: What’s next on the radar?
- Information sharing: Why it is becoming more important for the entire rubber supply chain and what are the benefits?
- The influence and implications of the rise in Asian and Chinese tire manufacturing for Europe and beyond;
- The OEM debate: the view of OEMs on future innovation and regulation;
- The future of tire plants/Changes in the global tire industry
- Market study on decision criteria towards the purchase of new truck tires; and
- Technical developments in waste tire pyrolysis—including the latest developments in pyrolysis to utilize molten zinc to separate pyrolysis oil, steel and carbon black.
The keynote session will be: “Tire design should be at the heart of the industry—moving technology to the next level.”
More information is available by clicking here.
How will the new Labor Department rule on overtime pay affect you?
|I've already had to demote some managers and assistant managers because of it||
|I was hoping to hire some new technicians soon. I can't now because of the new overtime rules||
|It won't affect me much||
|I think it's fair for assistant managers to get compensation for overtime||
|I'm voting a straight GOP ticket this November to see if we can get rid of this||
|Total votes: 82|