AKRON (July 21, 2014) — Off-the-Road tire dealers will have an opportunity to hear from some of the industry’s top executives during the upcoming International Tire Exhibition & Conference (ITEC) Show for tire dealers and auto service professionals, Aug. 20-22, in Orlando, Fla.
This includes a “Who’s Who” of executives in the OTR industry, who will participate on an OTR Tire Panel as well as a separate seminar on a new pyrolysis system that’s designed to recycle large OTR tires into reusable oil, carbon black and steel.
The OTR Panel, organized by moderator Jack Fenner, marketing manager of Specialty Tires of America Inc., features some of the experts in the field, said Ray Evans, chairman of the educational program for ITEC Tire Dealers/Auto Service.
“The breadth, knowledge and experience of the panel members are outstanding. They are the true leaders when it comes to this segment of the business.
“I encourage OTR dealers to come and learn what it takes to be a bigger factor in this profitable segment of the business.”
In addition to answering questions posed by Mr. Fenner and audience members, each of the panelists will deliver an 8- to 10-minute talk on timely topics impacting the OTR business.
The panelists and topics are:
- Mike Baggett, director of OTR sales, Yokohama Tire Corp. — “State of the OTR Industry Today”;
- Paul Hawkins, president, Titan Mining Services, a unit of Titan International Inc. — “LSW Loader Tires”;
- Aaron Murphy, vice president, China Manufacturers Alliance L.L.C. —“Small Off-The-Road Sales — Your Path to Profits”;
- Scott Perschbacher, director of sales and operations, Bridgestone Commercial Solutions Mining — “MSHA’s (Mining Safety & Health Administration) Effect on Tire Dealers and Manufacturers”;
- Shawn Rasey, president, BKT Americas’ OTR Division — “A Tire Dealer’s Guide to Survival in the Mining Environment”; and
- Rick Williams, vice president/owner, Miller Bros. Giant Tire Service – Florida — “Great Service Isn’t Expensive; It’s Priceless.”
In addition, Fred Taylor, president and CEO of OTR Wheel, will present a seminar on a pyrolysis system developed by Green Carbon L.L.C., a company he controls. Mr. Taylor is the brother Titan International Inc. Chairman and CEO Maurice Taylor Jr.
Titan International, through its Titan Tire Reclamation Corp. (TTRC) subsidiary, plans to set up a pyrolysis unit in the Canadian oil sands using the Green Carbon system to reclaim rubber, carbon black and steel from OTR tires and conveyor belting.
“This is a real breakthrough for reusing large OTR tires, which previously had to be buried in landfills or used dock bumpers,” Mr. Evans said. “I think attendees will find this seminar extremely valuable.”
The ITEC Tire Dealers/Auto Service is an educational-intensive conference and trade show focused on Tire Dealer Profitability. It takes place at the Caribe Royal Hotel and Conference Center in Orlando and offers 45 seminars, nine panels and two roundtable discussions on subjects of interest to all segments of the tire and automotive service industries.
In addition to the conference and trade show, ITEC Tire Dealers/Auto Service offers plenty of networking opportunities, including a networking reception sponsored by Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., and an Ice Cream Chill Out — a liquid-nitrogen ice-cream experience, sponsored by Orange Electronic Co. Ltd., a supplier of tire pressure monitoring systems.
To access the complete ITEC educational program and to register, visit itec-tireshow.com. The registration cost is $65 and includes all of the educational seminars, the trade show and networking cocktail reception.