BOWIE, Md. (July 22, 2014) — The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has announced the schedule of educational sessions and speakers for the Global Tire Expo — Powered by TIA at the 2014 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show, taking place Nov. 4-7 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The tentative schedule is as follows:
- TPMS at 10: Tire Dealers Share TPMS Success, featuring speakers Sean MacKinnon, TIA director of automotive training development; Matt White, TIA director of tire service; and other industry representatives TBA
- Truck Tires at 10: CSA and the Changing Face of Truck Tire Service, featuring Kevin Rohlwing, TIA senior vice president of training
- Tires at 2: Successful Tire Dealers Share Their Secrets
- TPMS at 10: TPMS Troubleshooting, featuring speakers Sean MacKinnon, TIA director of automotive training development and Matt White, TIA director of tire service
- Truck Tires at 10: Identifying Hazards in Commercial Tire Service, featuring Kevin Rohlwing, TIA senior vice president of training
- Management at 2: The Future of Social Media, featuring speaker Pat Sandone, founder and president of Net Driven
- Management at 2: Risk Management and Standard of Care, featuring speakers Kevin Rohlwing, TIA senior vice president of training; and Laramie Sandquist, risk manager-national accounts, Federated Insurance Co.
What is the most pressing issue facing your dealership in 2017?
|Finding skilled, qualified workers||
71% (103 votes)
|Competition from online tire sales||
16% (23 votes)
|Managing marketing and social media efforts||
7% (10 votes)
|Upgrading our shop’s technology and equipment||
5% (7 votes)
2% (3 votes)
|Total votes: 146|