DUSSELDORF, Germany (July 21, 2014) — The Association of German Engineers, VDI, is organizing a two-day conference in November in Brussels on tire technology, legislative and market trends and other topics affecting the European tire market.
The conference, Eurotyre 2014, is intended to bring together technical experts from tire and automotive OEMs, suppliers and research institutes, public administration and regulation agencies, the VDI said.
The conference, scheduled for Nov. 4-5, will focus on developments in European tire legislation and regulations and their impact on the industry. Regulations are part of a complete requirements package for tire manufacturers, the VDI said, causing tire makers to have to adapt by optimizing their design process.
Topics on the agenda include:
- European tire legislation and regulation and their impact on the industry;
- Requirements from the passenger car and truck OEMs’ perspective;
- Trends and innovations in design for consumer and truck tires;
- Innovative findings for rolling resistance, tire noise reduction and wet braking for optimized performance;
- Challenges and solutions for tire materials — Regulations, new rubber development and sustainability;
- Outlook: Market und technical developments in Asia; and
- New developments regarding rolling resistance, chassis-tire-performance for winter tires, wet braking and tire noise reduction will be discussed.
There are 18 papers scheduled. Jean-Pierre Jeusette, general director, Goodyear Innovation Center, Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg, is the conference chair.
The meeting is scheduled to take place at the Holiday Inn Brussels Airport in Diegem, Belgium. The registration fee is 1,590 Euros plus tax for non-members, 1,490 Euros for members.
To find out more about the conference and/or to register, go to the VDI’s website.
The VDI also has scheduled workshops before and after the conference — “Tyre regulations – Global landscape” and “Tyre Industry and China” on Nov. 3 and “Tyre testing” on Nov. 6 — at the same venue.
Registration fees for the seminars are 850 Euros plus tax for each seminar.
What is the top story from tire and automotive service industry in 2017?
|Icahn Automotive buys more than 225 retail and two other franchise groups with nearly 1,000 locations.||
36% (44 votes)
|Nokian and Triangle announce plans to build tire plants in North America, while Hankook and Giti officially open their N.A. plants.||
22% (27 votes)
|Love’s Travel Stops open 36 travel stops, acquire Speedco and the establish a retread business unit.||
11% (13 votes)
|Tire manufacturers hike prices as raw material prices fluctuate.||
17% (20 votes)
|K&M expands into New England by acquiring MotoStar.||
4% (5 votes)
|eBay Motors launches tire installation service for U.S, as well as automotive technician search service.||
10% (12 votes)
|Total votes: 121|