BOWIE, Md. (July 8, 2014) — The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has released the slate of 16 candidates for its 2014 board of directors election.
TIA said its membership will vote in open elections to place six individuals onto the board for three-year terms. The following are nominees:
• Alpio Barbara—Redwood General Tire Pros, Redwood City, Calif.;
• Steve Burhenn—Becker Tire & Treading Inc., Great Bend, Kan.;
• Daniel Childers—Tire Centers L.L.C. (TCi), Duncan, S.C.;
• John Evankovich—Wal-Mart Stores Inc.’s Sam’s Club unit, Bentonville, Ark.;
• David French—TravelCenters of America L.L.C., Concordia, Mo.;
• Robert Frick—Standard Motor Products Inc., Columbia, S.C.;
• Robert Hendry—31 Inc., Newcomerstown, Ohio;
• Scot Holloway—Bartec USA L.L.C., Sterling Heights, Mich.;
• Bill Johnson—Tech International Inc., Johnstown, Ohio;
• David Jones—Sonsio Inc., Arvada, Colo.;
• Chris Monroe—Monroe Tire & Service, Shelby, N.C.;
• Michael Pursley—Wegmann Automotive North America, Murfreesboro, Tenn.;
• W. Rippetoe—Schrader International Inc., Auburn Hills, Mich.;
• Craig Sumerel—AAA/Bob Sumerel Tire & Service, Cincinnati;
• Jason Williams—Jack Williams Tire Co., Scranton, Pa.; and
• Stu Zurcher—Strategic Alliance Group Inc., Indianapolis.
Current TIA members with voting rights can view the nominees’ photos and biographies and cast their ballot online by clicking here.
Ballots may be faxed to 301-430-7283 or mailed to TIA’s office in Bowie. The voting period ends Sept. 1. Results of the election will be announced in mid-September, with the new board members taking office on Monday, Nov. 3 at TIA’s annual meeting at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas during the Specialty Equipment Market Association trade show.
What is the top story from tire and automotive service industry in 2017?
|Icahn Automotive buys more than 225 retail and two other franchise groups with nearly 1,000 locations.||
36% (44 votes)
|Nokian and Triangle announce plans to build tire plants in North America, while Hankook and Giti officially open their N.A. plants.||
22% (27 votes)
|Love’s Travel Stops open 36 travel stops, acquire Speedco and the establish a retread business unit.||
11% (13 votes)
|Tire manufacturers hike prices as raw material prices fluctuate.||
17% (20 votes)
|K&M expands into New England by acquiring MotoStar.||
4% (5 votes)
|eBay Motors launches tire installation service for U.S, as well as automotive technician search service.||
10% (12 votes)
|Total votes: 121|