BOWIE, Md. (July 8, 2014) — The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has released the slate of 16 candidates for its 2014 board of directors election.
TIA said its membership will vote in open elections to place six individuals onto the board for three-year terms. The following are nominees:
• Alpio Barbara—Redwood General Tire Pros, Redwood City, Calif.;
• Steve Burhenn—Becker Tire & Treading Inc., Great Bend, Kan.;
• Daniel Childers—Tire Centers L.L.C. (TCi), Duncan, S.C.;
• John Evankovich—Wal-Mart Stores Inc.’s Sam’s Club unit, Bentonville, Ark.;
• David French—TravelCenters of America L.L.C., Concordia, Mo.;
• Robert Frick—Standard Motor Products Inc., Columbia, S.C.;
• Robert Hendry—31 Inc., Newcomerstown, Ohio;
• Scot Holloway—Bartec USA L.L.C., Sterling Heights, Mich.;
• Bill Johnson—Tech International Inc., Johnstown, Ohio;
• David Jones—Sonsio Inc., Arvada, Colo.;
• Chris Monroe—Monroe Tire & Service, Shelby, N.C.;
• Michael Pursley—Wegmann Automotive North America, Murfreesboro, Tenn.;
• W. Rippetoe—Schrader International Inc., Auburn Hills, Mich.;
• Craig Sumerel—AAA/Bob Sumerel Tire & Service, Cincinnati;
• Jason Williams—Jack Williams Tire Co., Scranton, Pa.; and
• Stu Zurcher—Strategic Alliance Group Inc., Indianapolis.
Current TIA members with voting rights can view the nominees’ photos and biographies and cast their ballot online by clicking here.
Ballots may be faxed to 301-430-7283 or mailed to TIA’s office in Bowie. The voting period ends Sept. 1. Results of the election will be announced in mid-September, with the new board members taking office on Monday, Nov. 3 at TIA’s annual meeting at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas during the Specialty Equipment Market Association trade show.
When is the last time you attended one of the national tire industry trade shows, such as SEMA, ITEC or the North American Tire & Retread Expo?
|I try and take in at least one show a year.||
|I usually attend one every few years.||
|There are so many tire maker and distributor meetings each year, I don’t see a need to attend one of the national shows.||
|I don’t find value in these shows and haven’t been to one in years.||
|I’d like to but I am too busy||