NASHVILLE, Tenn. (June 27, 2014) — Apparel manufacturer VF Imagewear Inc. has developed a line of “Red Kap” performance shop pants and shorts workwear for automotive technicians.
The pants and shorts include numerous features for the benefit of mechanics and technicians, the firm said, such as:
- A covered waistband button that prevents scratches and keeps paint jobs protected;
- Reinforced double knees (pants only) designed to bend and flex easily, while providing extra strength and durability;
- Pockets for convenient storage of commonly used tools and deep, reinforced front pockets made with extra fabric to help prevent damage;
- One pocket with an easy-to-maneuver sleeve to keep items secure;
- A stretch waistband that expands to three additional inches;
- An inseam gusset for a roomier fit; and
- Improved belt loops to accommodate many different belt widths.
VF Imagewear said the Red Kap pants feature the styling and fit of jeans with the professional look and durability of work pants, offering “the best of both worlds.” Similarly, the shorts feature a 13-inch inseam, providing a more updated alternative to traditional work shorts.
“At Red Kap, we aim to keep our customers equipped with the best gear available,” said Chris Holcombe, vice president and general manager, distributor brands, Red Kap.
When is the last time you attended one of the national tire industry trade shows, such as SEMA, ITEC or the North American Tire & Retread Expo?
|I try and take in at least one show a year.||
|I usually attend one every few years.||
|There are so many tire maker and distributor meetings each year, I don’t see a need to attend one of the national shows.||
|I don’t find value in these shows and haven’t been to one in years.||
|I’d like to but I am too busy||