FALLS CHURCH, Va. (June 12, 2014) — The Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau (TRIB) and Tire Retread Tread Rubber and Tire Repair Materials Manufacturers’ Group (TRMG) have released an updated “Industry Recommended Practices for Tire Retreading & Tire Repairing.”
Customers are able to purchase the entire document — updated from the 2010 version — or individual sections relevant to their industries, according to TRIB and the TRMG, which are handling the release jointly.
The recommended practices cover radial passenger, light truck and medium truck/bus tires.
The cost for the documents has been reduced to increase their distribution throughout the tire retread and repair industries, the groups said.
The TRMG — a group of companies making tire repair materials — periodically updates these recommended practices “to enhance public and industry safety and efficiency in the retreading and repairing of tires.”
“In addition to updating the material from our 2010 version, we also decided to offer the IRP in individual sections to allow customers to choose the documents that best meets their needs,” said Phil Boarts, TRMG president and product category manager, retread products, at Michelin North America Inc.
The versions available and their respective costs are as follows:
- Complete IRP: $50 for CD or Hard-copy version;
- Retreading Radial Passenger Car and Light Truck Radial Fabric Body Ply Tires: $25 for CD or hard-copy version;
- Retreading Medium Truck, Heavy Radial Truck and Bus Tires: $25 for CD or hard-copy version;
- Repairing Radial Passenger Car and Light Truck Radial Fabric Body Ply Tires: $25 for CD or hard-copy version;
- Repairing Medium Truck, Heavy Radial Truck and Bus Tire: $25 for CD or hard-copy version;
- Guidelines for Truck Tire Reinforced Shoulder Repair: $10 for CD or hard-copy version.
TRIB is the designated agent for distribution of the documents and its members will receive a 50-percent discount on the purchase price of any of them.
To learn more about the IRP documents and/or to purchase them, visit TRIB’s online store.
Do you regularly attend dealer meetings?
|I go as often as I'm able.||
33% (24 votes)
|Once in a while, every few years.||
25% (18 votes)
|I hope to get to one soon.||
18% (13 votes)
|I can't afford to spend the time away from the shop.||
24% (17 votes)
|Total votes: 72|