DURAND, Wis. (May 16, 2014) — Bauer Built Inc. announced the 2014 winners of its G. F. “Sam” and Ethel V. Bauer/Bauer Built Inc. Scholarship Award.
The award was introduced in 1994 in commemoration of Bauer Built’s 50th Anniversary and in honor of founders, G. F. “Sam” and Ethel V. Bauer.
The following students were awarded $1,000 each for a total of $6,000 in scholarships this year:
- Ricki Eisenhut of Martinsville High School in Martinsville, Ind., is the granddaughter of Bill Cassens, who is a salesman at Bauer Built’s Tire Center in Indianapolis. She will be attending the University of Indiana-Bloomington to study in the field of medicine.
- Jenna Jiskra of Mondovi High School in Mondovi, Wis., is the daughter of Troy, an operations team specialist at Bauer Built’s corporate offices in Durand, and Jan Jiskra. She will be attending the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire to study the field of Psychology.
- Allison Yingst of Colfax High School in Colfax, Wis., is the granddaughter of Bill Yingst Sr., retired vice president-human resources at Bauer Built’s corporate offices in Durand. The daughter of Bill Yingst Jr. and Sarah Yingst, she will be attending the University of Wisconsin-Madison in the field of International Studies.
- Sarah Weber of Durand High School in Durand is the daughter of Todd and Amy Weber. Mr. Weber is the executive vice president of tire sales operations at Bauer Built’s Durand corporate offices. Ms. Weber also is the granddaughter of Larry and Marcia Weber, former owners of Bauer Built Inc. and the great-granddaughter of G. F. “Sam” and Ethel V. Bauer, founders of Bauer Built Inc. She will be attending the University of Wisconsin-Madison to study physical therapy.
- Brett Hayden from Durand High School in Durand is the daughter of Dan Hayden, the tire center manager at the Bauer Built Tire Center in LeRoy, Minn. and Connie Larson. Her plans are to attend the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire to obtain a degree in marketing.
- Cole Waldhauser of Freeman Public High School in Freeman, S.D., is the grandson of Gordy Waldhauser, who is an outside sales person at the Bauer Built Tire Center in St. Paul, Minn. He is the son of Dan Waldhauser and Amy Stahl and will be attending the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities to study in the field of English.
To be eligible, applicants must be a Bauer Built employee, a son or daughter, stepson or stepdaughter, or grandchild of a Bauer Built employee who is graduating from high school and enrolled in a post-secondary course of instruction, Bauer Built said. Each applicant must submit a hand-written essay on the field of study being pursued along with career goals, two letters of recommendation and verification of grade-point average with their application. Typically, six scholarships are awarded annually by the dealership. Since 1994, Bauer Built said it has awarded close to $85,000 in scholarships. Jerry M. Bauer is the company’s chairman and CEO.
How seriously does your company take workplace safety?
|We have meetings, training regularly||
|It is stressed, but we don't do a lot of training||
|I think we had a meeting when I was hired||
|Safety is never mentioned around here||
|Total votes: 87|