WESTLAKE, Ohio (May 6, 2014) — TravelCenters of America L.L.C., operator of the TA and Petro Stopping Centers travel center brands, has acquired and rebranded a truck stop in Brooklyn, Iowa.
The newest TA — located at Exit 197 on I-80 — raises the number of travel centers in the chain to 250.
Amenities at the new, always-open TA travel center include:
• Seven diesel lanes equipped with high-flow dispensers and bulk DEF at each;
• Fully stocked travel store;
• Country Pride full-service restaurant;
• Dunkin’ Donuts Express;
• Five newly remodeled showers on a fully automated system;
• A drivers lounge with DIRECTV and NFL Sunday Ticket service; and
• UltraONE Rewards Program kiosk and swiping system.
Westlake-based TravelCenters said it purchased the Brooklyn location in October 2013.
The company also expects to add a four-bay TA Truck Service facility in the future.
“TA Brooklyn is our third location in Iowa, and we are happy to open it and provide drivers a full-service travel center option mid-way across the state on I-80,” said Tom O’Brien, TravelCenters president and CEO.
When is the last time you attended one of the national tire industry trade shows, such as SEMA, ITEC or the North American Tire & Retread Expo?
|I try and take in at least one show a year.||
|I usually attend one every few years.||
|There are so many tire maker and distributor meetings each year, I don’t see a need to attend one of the national shows.||
|I don’t find value in these shows and haven’t been to one in years.||
|I’d like to but I am too busy||