WESTLAKE, Ohio (May 6, 2014) — TravelCenters of America L.L.C., operator of the TA and Petro Stopping Centers travel center brands, has acquired and rebranded a truck stop in Brooklyn, Iowa.
The newest TA — located at Exit 197 on I-80 — raises the number of travel centers in the chain to 250.
Amenities at the new, always-open TA travel center include:
• Seven diesel lanes equipped with high-flow dispensers and bulk DEF at each;
• Fully stocked travel store;
• Country Pride full-service restaurant;
• Dunkin’ Donuts Express;
• Five newly remodeled showers on a fully automated system;
• A drivers lounge with DIRECTV and NFL Sunday Ticket service; and
• UltraONE Rewards Program kiosk and swiping system.
Westlake-based TravelCenters said it purchased the Brooklyn location in October 2013.
The company also expects to add a four-bay TA Truck Service facility in the future.
“TA Brooklyn is our third location in Iowa, and we are happy to open it and provide drivers a full-service travel center option mid-way across the state on I-80,” said Tom O’Brien, TravelCenters president and CEO.
What is the best business practice?
|Treating your customers fairly.||
67% (36 votes)
|Offering the lowest price possible.||
2% (1 votes)
|Doing the job well, as quickly as possible.||
22% (12 votes)
|Staying ahead of technology.||
4% (2 votes)
|Be heavily involved in the community.||
6% (3 votes)
|Total votes: 54|