WESTLAKE, Ohio (May 6, 2014) — TravelCenters of America L.L.C., operator of the TA and Petro Stopping Centers travel center brands, has acquired and rebranded a truck stop in Brooklyn, Iowa.
The newest TA — located at Exit 197 on I-80 — raises the number of travel centers in the chain to 250.
Amenities at the new, always-open TA travel center include:
• Seven diesel lanes equipped with high-flow dispensers and bulk DEF at each;
• Fully stocked travel store;
• Country Pride full-service restaurant;
• Dunkin’ Donuts Express;
• Five newly remodeled showers on a fully automated system;
• A drivers lounge with DIRECTV and NFL Sunday Ticket service; and
• UltraONE Rewards Program kiosk and swiping system.
Westlake-based TravelCenters said it purchased the Brooklyn location in October 2013.
The company also expects to add a four-bay TA Truck Service facility in the future.
“TA Brooklyn is our third location in Iowa, and we are happy to open it and provide drivers a full-service travel center option mid-way across the state on I-80,” said Tom O’Brien, TravelCenters president and CEO.
How would you characterize your shop's experience with winter tires?
|We are selling a lot more, especially when the weather is bad||
31% (26 votes)
|We aren't selling many of them.||
14% (12 votes)
|We only sell them if a customer asks.||
19% (16 votes)
|The climate is not conducive here for winter tires.||
36% (30 votes)
|Total votes: 84|