PANAMA CITY, Pamana (April 17, 2014) — The organizers of the Latin American & Caribbean Tyre Expo have organized a half-day conference featuring seven speakers to complement the three-day trade show July 23-25 in Panama City.
Among the speakers are top executives with Bridgestone de Colombia S.a.s., Cooper Tire & Rubber de Mexico and Continental Tire de México, along with Matt White of the Tire Industry Association (TIA) and David Stevens of the Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau (TRIB).
The conference is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. to 1:35 p.m. July 24 at the Atlapa Convention Center in Panama City, site of the exhibition as well, according to Gustavo Lima, CEO - Latin Expo Group L.L.C., the event organizer.
Speakers and their topics are:
- Mr. White, director of tire service, TIA—“TIA Technician Training-Tire Safety Starts Here/TIA Capacitación Técnico-Seguridad de Llantas”;
- Sergio Prada, general manager, Bridgestone de Colombia—“Changes and Innovation/Cambios e innovación”;
- Alejandro Martinez Avila, marketing manager, Cooper Tire—“The importance of brands in the market/La Importancia de las marcas en los mercados”;
- Ignacio Javier Mendoza Altamirano, dirctor, Continental Tire—“Continental’s promise is with security and the environment/El compromiso de Continental es con la seguridad y el medio ambiente”;
- Heriberto Romero, director general, Hules Banda, Mexico—“Environmental tendancies en la retread industry/Tendencias ambientales en la industria del reencauche”; and
- Mr. Stevens, managing director, TRIB—“The environmental impact of retreading/El impacto ambiental de reencauches.”
- Marco Zigni, president, Latin Expo Group, will close the conference and moderate a Q&A session.
Latin Expo Group also said the expo will have 230 exhibitors this year, including representatives of nearly all of the world’s leading tire makers and many leading international independent distributors of tires, tire retreading and recycling, wheels, and related equipment.
The conference sponsor is Triangle Tyre Co. Ltd.
Do your technicians use iPads, tablets or other electronic devices to check in customers and write up service orders?
|Yes, we have for quite some time||
36% (45 votes)
|No, but we plan to begin using them soon||
27% (33 votes)
|No, we can’t afford or support it||
23% (29 votes)
|Never, I hate technology||
14% (17 votes)
|Total votes: 124|