AKRON (April 15, 2014) — Each week Tire Business tracks the top stories — a virtual “Digital Dozen” — on our website, based on readership data.
Of all the stories posted online last week at tirebusiness.com, here are the ones that drew the most interest:
• Jackie Pobiega, Conti PR rep, killed in car crash (updated);
• ATD to close Terry’s Tire Town HQ (Update);
• Made in America: Tire makers pump billions into facilities;
• Bridgestone takes wraps off new DriveGuard run-flat;
• DOE program looks at fuel-efficient tires;
• Chrysler issues worldwide recall to repair brake system;
• Car dealer settles same-sex male harassment suit;
• Caterpillar dodged $2.4B tax in Swiss move, inquiry finds;
• Ford issues recalls for rusting frame parts, faulty seats;
• Conti: ‘We want to be your #1;’
• Liberty Tire Recycling, Bridgestone presenting ‘Recycle Florida: 2014;’
• Barra hearing lampooned on ‘Saturday Night Live.’
Does your dealership, company or auto service shop have an event, some information or a story you’d like to share? Email that information to email@example.com, along with a daytime phone number at which a Tire Business reporter can contact you.
You also can comment on stories on our website or send a letter to the editor by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will the Obama administration’s proposed expansion of overtime pay affect your business?
|Not much if at all.||
|It will force me to demote my assistant managers and recalculate pay and benefits scales.||
|It will put me out of business.||
|It’s way too soon to tell.||
|Total votes: 100|