AKRON (April 11, 2014) — Attendees of August’s International Tire Exhibition & Conference (ITEC) for tire dealers and automotive service personnel will have five seminars on automotive service to choose from.
These presentations are part of an extensive conference educational program, which includes more than 40 seminars and 10 panel presentations all focused on tire dealer profitability.
The three-day ITEC – Tire Dealers/Auto Service event includes a trade show of leading tire and auto service industry companies as well as opportunities for networking.
The conference and trade show take place Aug. 20-22, 2014, at the Caribe Royale All-Suite Hotel in Orlando, Fla.
The automotive service seminars and speakers scheduled to date are:
- “Servicing Hybrid Vehicles: Embrace and Profit,” presented by Matt Curry, CEO of The Hybrid Shop, Gainesville, Va.;
- “Maximizing Profits in the Service Bays,” presented by Pam Oakes, owner of Pam’s Motor City Tire & Auto Center, Fort Myers, Fla.;
- “Diagnostics, Fluids, Brakes and Other Services as Profit Centers,” presented by Matt Winslow, director of speakers and content development, Automotive Training Institute, Savage, Md.;
- “The Challenge of Selling Auto Maintenance,” presented by Gary Vann, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Mighty Auto Parts, Norcross, Ga.; and
- “Ride Control Sales: Necessary or Impossible,” presented by William “Mac” McGovern, director of marketing and training for KYB Americas Corp., Addison, Ill.
The registration fee to attend the ITEC-Tire Dealers/Auto Service show is $65, and includes all of the educational sessions and trade show.
For more information or to register to attend, visit the ITEC conference website.
What education did you have for your first job in the industry?
|High school graduate||
31% (53 votes)
|Bachelor's degree or higher||
48% (81 votes)
|Trade or technical school||
8% (13 votes)
5% (9 votes)
8% (13 votes)
|Total votes: 169|