AKRON (April 1, 2014) — Al Speyer, president and COO of DeltaWing Racing Cars and a former Bridgestone Americas racing executive, will moderate a panel of tire industry experts delving into the hot topic of high-performance tires during the 2014 International Tire Exhibition & Conference (ITEC) for Tire Dealers/Auto Service professionals, scheduled for Aug. 20-22 in Orlando, Fla.
The session is one of 10 panel presentations planned for the three-day event, which includes a full state of educational programs focused on tire dealer profitability. Mr. Speyer retired from Bridgestone as executive director of motorsports last summer after 38 years with the company and Firestone Tire & Rubber Co.
The event includes a trade show of tire and auto service industry suppliers as well as opportunities for networking.
The conference and trade show take place at the Caribe Royale All-Suite Hotel in Orlando, Fla.
Panel members will share their thoughts and opinions on the issues, opportunities and trends impacting today’s high-performance tire market, including tips on how to excel in this profitable and growing segment of the business.
Attendees also will have the chance to pose questions to the panelists.
Panel members include:
• Oscar Pereda, director of high performance business segment, Michelin North America Inc.;
• Bob Liu, product manager, performance tires, passenger and light truck tires, Continental Tire the Americas L.L.C.;
• Dan Baggetta, general manager, performance category, Goodyear;
• Scott Jamieson, director of product management, Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., North America unit;
• Henry Kopacz, public relations and social media manager, Hankook Tire America Corp.; and
• Rick Brennan, executive director of product strategy, Falken Tire Corp.
“We have assembled the movers and the shakers when it comes to the high performance area of the business, which has been changing dramatically over the last few years,” said Ray Evans, ITEC conference chairman.
“This should be a must-attend panel for everyone interested in this segment of the market.”
The registration fee for entry into the ITEC Tire Dealers/Auto Service show is $65, and includes all of the educational sessions and trade show.
For more information or to register for the show, visit the ITEC conference website.
How often do you update your shop and/or business software?
|Only when a substantial update is available||
|Every 2-4 years||
|Usually between 5 and 10 years||
|I hate it – as infrequently as possible||
|I never do – it’s too costly||
|Total votes: 93|