DANA POINT, Calif. (March 28, 2014) — TORC: The Off-Road Championship Presented by AMSOIL racing series is offering its highest purse to date for drivers in the 2014 season.
At stake is a total purse fund of $550,000 for the short-course off-road series and, according to TORC, represents an increase of nearly $100,000 over last season. Winnings will be awarded to top contenders in the TORC PRO 4, PRO 2 and PRO Light classes as well as for Top Qualifier, Competition Caution Leader, Spring Cup and AMSOIL Cup winners.
The PRO Light class, for example, awards a payout of nearly $27,000 per event.
“We are very excited to be able to boost our purse fund for the 2014 TORC season,” TORC President BJ Birtwell said. “Not only do we expect this added incentive to spur even higher levels of competition, but also provide resources back to the teams for continued investment in their programs.”
The growth in purse funding is among several recent announcements from TORC that included numerous high-visibility official series partners, a multi year TV distribution deal with NBC Sports and a partnership with Youtube’s largest automotive channel for Live Streaming of every round of racing in 2014.
TORC will hold seven events across the U.S. this year, with NBC Sports providing television coverage and a behind-the-scenes docu-reality series. The series’ schedule features races at the following venues:
• April 5-6: Primm, Nev. (Primm Off-Road Raceway);
• April 25-26: Charlotte, N.C. (Charlotte Motor Speedway);
• May 17-18: St. Louis (Gateway Motorsports Park);
• June 28-29: Crandon, Wis. (Crandon International Off Road Raceway);
• July 19-20: Bark River, Mich. (Bark River International Raceway);
• Aug 5-6: Sturgis, S.D. (Buffalo Chip Powersports Complex); and
• Aug 30-31: Crandon (Crandon International Off Road Raceway).
Details on the upcoming TORC season opener are available by clicking here.. http://torcseries.com/primm-april-5th-6th/