LOUISVILLE, Ky. (March 27, 2014) — Continental Tire the Americas L.L.C. is rolling out several additions to its Hybrid, EcoPlus and bus tire lines at this week’s Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville.
Each new line addresses a specific market segment, and all have been designed to meet the technical needs of each end-use, Conti said.
The new tires are:
- Steer and all-position versions of the EcoPlus HS3 long-haul, low rolling-resistance tire line, due on the market this summer in size 295/75R22.5, load-range H, in 19/32nd inch tread depth. The EcoPlus3 offers 10-percent less rolling resistance and a 12-percent longer tread life over the company’s previous generation long-haul steer tire, advanced decoupler grooves and a “flap style” stone bumper system.
- Hybrid HS3, a steer and all-position tire for the combined regional and long haul segment, in size 295/75R22.5, load range H. The tire bridges the performance gap for fleets that need to use the same trucks for both long haul and regional routes without changing the tires.
- TerraPlus HD3, a 19.5-inch off-road drive tire product for construction vehicles, work trucks and heavy commercial pickups, available late spring in size 225/70R19.5 with 19/32nd tread depth. It features an aggressive tread pattern with open shoulder, and an off-road belt package together with chip- and chunk-resistant compounding and a deep lug pattern
- Urban HA3 all-position and steer tire capitalizes on the increase in American urban bus traffic with a specialized compound for prolonged mileage. Available in sizes 275/70R22.5 (22/32nd inch tread depth) and 305/70R22.5 (23/32nd tread depth), the Urban HA3 features an increased sidewall gauge and durable new casing construction as well as a comfortable and quiet tread pattern.
- For longer distance traffic in heavier vehicles, such as motorcoaches and large RVs, the Coach HA3 is optimized for wet handling, mileage, durability and fuel efficiency, Conti said, with a quiet running tread and an “optimized” footprint for enhanced ride comfort and durability. It is available in sizes 255/70R22.5 and 275/70R22.5 (15/32nd tread depth) and 315/80R22.5 (17/32nd tread depth).
“With the addition of these new tires, we are continuing to reach our promise of the lowest overall driving costs for commercial vehicle operations,” said Alex Chmiel, director of marketing for commercial vehicle tires—the Americas.
"If a fleet is searching for application specific coverage that meets their driving needs, Continental’s new generation of truck and bus tires is providing the answers they need to optimize their tire performance.”
Do your technicians use iPads, tablets or other electronic devices to check in customers and write up service orders?
|Yes, we have for quite some time||
36% (45 votes)
|No, but we plan to begin using them soon||
27% (33 votes)
|No, we can’t afford or support it||
23% (29 votes)
|Never, I hate technology||
14% (17 votes)
|Total votes: 124|