AKRON (March 20, 2014) — Goodyear will use its presence at next week’s Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Ky., to promote the availability of its “Smart Fleet” benefits program for owner-operators and mid-size fleets.
Last fall Goodyear broadened the eligibility window for the program, which offers benefits previously reserved for national account fleets, to these smaller customers.
“These customers are very important to Goodyear, and they will be able to enroll in the new Goodyear Smart Fleet program during MATS,” said Jose Martinez, business solutions manager, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems.
MATS runs March 27-29 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville.
Features of the Goodyear Smart Fleet program include:
- Access to premium Goodyear branded truck tires and technologies, including Fuel Max Technology and DuraSeal Technology;
- Online, published pricing on new tires, retreads and services, which will be honored by participating, authorized Goodyear commercial tire dealerships;
- 24/7 roadside service program, offered through the Goodyear-FleetHQ suite of business solutions, which cuts downtime;
- Customized tire performance and service activity reporting;
- Tools to help owner-operators and fleets lower their operating costs and improve results;
- Availability of the same pricing at any participating Goodyear commercial tire dealership nationwide; and
- The ability to streamline the scheduling of tire and service work by providing relevant information on line, ahead of time.
MATS attendees will be able to enroll at no cost in Smart Fleet at Goodyear’s booth (#24065) or at the Smart Fleet area in the lobby between the north and south halls of the Kentucky Expo Center. Owner-operators and mid-size fleet representatives who sign up for Smart Fleet during MATS will be entered in a sweepstake to win prizes, Mr. Martinez said.
Interested parties also can enroll online at goodyeartrucktires.com by clicking on the “Join Now” button, then click on “Apply Now,” and fill out and submit an easy-to-complete application form.
Once approved, Smart Fleet members will receive a welcome package that includes detailed program and contact information; a Goodyear Smart Fleet identification card with a unique membership number: tire and retread specs, plus pricing; a list of the top three, recommended Goodyear commercial tire dealerships in their area; and more.
Do your technicians use iPads, tablets or other electronic devices to check in customers and write up service orders?
|Yes, we have for quite some time||
36% (45 votes)
|No, but we plan to begin using them soon||
27% (33 votes)
|No, we can’t afford or support it||
23% (29 votes)
|Never, I hate technology||
14% (17 votes)
|Total votes: 124|