DANA POINT, Calif. (March 20, 2014) — TORC/The Off-Road Championship Presented by AMSOIL has added Kart and P1K (UTV) classes to its national event schedule beginning with the series’ season opener in Primm, Nev., April 5-6.
The short-course, off-road racing series said the TORC Kart class will consist of junior karts and 450 karts while the P1K class will be reserved for 1000cc UTV’s. Each class will compete for a national championship and race the same seven-event schedule as the TORC PRO Light, PRO 2 and PRO 4 classes over the course of the 2014 season, promoters said. Entries in each class must be USAC-licensed, with a $125 entry fee for the karts and a $150 entry fee for the UTVs.
“Both karts and UTV’s have exploded in popularity and participation,” said TORC President BJ Birtwell. “These competitors are the next generation of PRO TORC racers and we’re glad to welcome them into the TORC series to compete for a national championship in their respective classes.”
Rules for the new classes are available on the TORC website.
The 2014 series schedule includes races at the following venues:
- April 5-6: Primm (Primm Off-Road Raceway)
- April 25-26: Charlotte, N.C. (Charlotte Motor Speedway)
- May 17-18: St. Louis (Gateway Motorsports Park)
- June 28-29: Crandon, Wis. (Crandon International Off-Road Raceway)
- July 19-20: Bark River, Mich. (Bark River International Raceway)
- Aug 5-6: Sturgis, S.D. (Buffalo Chip Powersports Complex)
- Aug 30-31: Crandon, Wis. (Crandon International Off-Road Raceway)
Known as a “collision between action sports and motorsports,” TORC calls itself “the ultimate battleground for 900-horsepower race trucks competing to win the prestigious TORC National Championship.”