NASHVILLE, Tenn. (March 13, 2014) — The American Trucking Associations’ (ATA) Technology & Maintenance Council honored seven TMC members with its highest honor — the Silver Spark Plug Award — at its annual meeting in Nashville March 10-13.
The Silver Spark Plug winners were:
• Jim Clark, recently retired director of engineering for TMD Friction, Troy, Mich.;
• Lilo Hurtado, applications engineer for ExxonMobil, Bolingbrook, Ill.;
• Bob Jeffries, sales manager for Remy Inc., Arlington, Texas;
• Mark Louzon, engine product development manager for Volvo Powertrain North America, Hagerstown, Md.;
• Vic Meloche, manager of technical sales for Detroit Diesel, Detroit, Mich.;
• Don Raitzer, engineer for Stemco Brakes Products Group, Livonia, Mich.; and
• Dan Umphress, vice president of maintenance and fleet services for A&R Transport, Morris, Ill.
The TMC awards the Silver Spark Plug to members who make outstanding contributions to the improvement of equipment, maintenance, industry-related technology and management practices, said Carl Kirk, ATA vice president of maintenance, information technology and logistics.
What do you think of the tax reform proposal before Congress?
|I’m in favor of it—it’s good for business||
29% (27 votes)
|It doesn’t go far enough in helping small business.||
12% (11 votes)
|I’ll wait to see the final bill.||
19% (18 votes)
|It’s going to hurt the middle class.||
40% (37 votes)
|Total votes: 93|