NASHVILLE, Tenn. (March 13, 2014) — The American Trucking Associations’ (ATA) Technology & Maintenance Council honored seven TMC members with its highest honor — the Silver Spark Plug Award — at its annual meeting in Nashville March 10-13.
The Silver Spark Plug winners were:
• Jim Clark, recently retired director of engineering for TMD Friction, Troy, Mich.;
• Lilo Hurtado, applications engineer for ExxonMobil, Bolingbrook, Ill.;
• Bob Jeffries, sales manager for Remy Inc., Arlington, Texas;
• Mark Louzon, engine product development manager for Volvo Powertrain North America, Hagerstown, Md.;
• Vic Meloche, manager of technical sales for Detroit Diesel, Detroit, Mich.;
• Don Raitzer, engineer for Stemco Brakes Products Group, Livonia, Mich.; and
• Dan Umphress, vice president of maintenance and fleet services for A&R Transport, Morris, Ill.
The TMC awards the Silver Spark Plug to members who make outstanding contributions to the improvement of equipment, maintenance, industry-related technology and management practices, said Carl Kirk, ATA vice president of maintenance, information technology and logistics.
Is the uncertainty swirling about the U.S. presidential election this fall having any effect on your business plans?
|We've decided to put investments on hold.||
|We're not doing any hiring until the election's over.||
|It doesn't matter a bit. We're going full speed ahead.||
|We're taking a cautious approach and weighing every decision.||
|Is it too late to move to Canada?||
|I'm not planning to vote. It would be too painful.||
|Total votes: 88|