NASHVILLE, Tenn. (March 13, 2014) — The American Trucking Associations’ (ATA) Technology & Maintenance Council honored seven TMC members with its highest honor — the Silver Spark Plug Award — at its annual meeting in Nashville March 10-13.
The Silver Spark Plug winners were:
• Jim Clark, recently retired director of engineering for TMD Friction, Troy, Mich.;
• Lilo Hurtado, applications engineer for ExxonMobil, Bolingbrook, Ill.;
• Bob Jeffries, sales manager for Remy Inc., Arlington, Texas;
• Mark Louzon, engine product development manager for Volvo Powertrain North America, Hagerstown, Md.;
• Vic Meloche, manager of technical sales for Detroit Diesel, Detroit, Mich.;
• Don Raitzer, engineer for Stemco Brakes Products Group, Livonia, Mich.; and
• Dan Umphress, vice president of maintenance and fleet services for A&R Transport, Morris, Ill.
The TMC awards the Silver Spark Plug to members who make outstanding contributions to the improvement of equipment, maintenance, industry-related technology and management practices, said Carl Kirk, ATA vice president of maintenance, information technology and logistics.
How often do you update your shop and/or business software?
|Only when a substantial update is available||
|Every 2-4 years||
|Usually between 5 and 10 years||
|I hate it – as infrequently as possible||
|I never do – it’s too costly||
|Total votes: 93|