NASHVILLE, Tenn. (March 13, 2014) — The American Trucking Associations’ (ATA) Technology & Maintenance Council honored seven TMC members with its highest honor — the Silver Spark Plug Award — at its annual meeting in Nashville March 10-13.
The Silver Spark Plug winners were:
• Jim Clark, recently retired director of engineering for TMD Friction, Troy, Mich.;
• Lilo Hurtado, applications engineer for ExxonMobil, Bolingbrook, Ill.;
• Bob Jeffries, sales manager for Remy Inc., Arlington, Texas;
• Mark Louzon, engine product development manager for Volvo Powertrain North America, Hagerstown, Md.;
• Vic Meloche, manager of technical sales for Detroit Diesel, Detroit, Mich.;
• Don Raitzer, engineer for Stemco Brakes Products Group, Livonia, Mich.; and
• Dan Umphress, vice president of maintenance and fleet services for A&R Transport, Morris, Ill.
The TMC awards the Silver Spark Plug to members who make outstanding contributions to the improvement of equipment, maintenance, industry-related technology and management practices, said Carl Kirk, ATA vice president of maintenance, information technology and logistics.
What is the best business practice?
|Treating your customers fairly.||
67% (36 votes)
|Offering the lowest price possible.||
2% (1 votes)
|Doing the job well, as quickly as possible.||
22% (12 votes)
|Staying ahead of technology.||
4% (2 votes)
|Be heavily involved in the community.||
6% (3 votes)
|Total votes: 54|