OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (March 10, 2014) — The Automotive Service Association (ASA) and Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers (AAM) will add a feature to the International Autobody Congress & Exposition/Congress of Automobile Repair & Service (NACE/CARS) event planned for this summer.
The trade groups said an Original Equipment Market Technology & Innovation Expo will be held in Detroit Aug. 1.
ASA and AAM jointly announced the inaugural OEM Expo March 7 at the ASA-Midwest Vision Hi-Tech Training and Expo in Overland Park. The expo will be part of NACE/CARS, which is scheduled for Detroit July 30-Aug. 2.
The OEM Expo will include panel discussions with OEM experts as well as product and application demonstrations. Expo planners said they will have connected vehicles onsite to give attendees a hands-on experience.
Meanwhile, the two associations announced that the first round of exhibit space draw for NACE/CARS 2014 is complete and more than half the exhibit floor is sold out.
“This represents a significant change in events and a strong commitment on behalf of the automotive market to support the only national show solely dedicated to both the collision and service repair industries,” said Dan Risley, ASA president.
“Last year, we sold approximately 24,000 square feet. We’ve already surpassed that by 20 percent in the initial space draw and are on pace to sell out. The show will feature more than 50,000 square feet of exhibit space and another 30,000 dedicated to live demonstrations and show cars.”
ASA said companies that booked space include:
- OEMs — Chrysler Group L.L.C. and its Mopar brand, Ford Motor Co., General Motors Co. and ACDelco, American Honda Motor Co. and Nissan North America Inc.;
- Paint companies — BASF Paint, Axalta Coating Systems, PPG Industries Inc., Valspar Corp., 3M, Painters Supply & Equipment Co., H&H Industries Inc., Matrix System Automotive Finishes, Pro-Spray Automotive Finishes, UniCure Spraybooths;
- Frame and equipment companies — Car-O-Liner, Celette North America, Chief Automotive Technologies, Pro-Spot Quality Welding Systems Drum Handlers; Parts suppliers—LKQ Corp., AutoZone Inc., Auveco Products, North American Distribution Services, Disco Automotive Hardware, Team PRP (Premium Recycled Parts);
- Estimating system and information providers — AudaExplore (a Solera company), CCC Information Services, Mitchell1, of the Mitchell Repair Information Co. L.L.C.; and
- Insurance companies — Lancer Insurance Co. and Meadowbrook Insurance Group; and training companies—I-CAR, Wyotech campuses, Vale National Training Center and Universal Technical Institute.
To view the NACE/CARS 2014 interactive floor plan, click here.
Booth requests will be taken on a first come, first served basis, the associations said. To reserve booth space, contact Robert Martin at email@example.com.
What is the most pressing issue facing your dealership in 2017?
|Finding skilled, qualified workers||
71% (103 votes)
|Competition from online tire sales||
16% (23 votes)
|Managing marketing and social media efforts||
7% (10 votes)
|Upgrading our shop’s technology and equipment||
5% (7 votes)
2% (3 votes)
|Total votes: 146|