MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (Feb. 28, 2014) — Kumar Saha, aftermarket senior research analyst for Frost & Sullivan Inc., will focus on "e-tailing" in his keynote address to the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association's (AASA) "Vision Conference 2014," to be held at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, N.C., on March 25-26.
"Winning in the Aftermarket… The Chase for Innovation" is the theme of the members-only Vision Conference, the AASA said. As such, the conference aims to "provide clarity to elements that are essential for suppliers to innovate and end up successful in the many facets that comprise the modern automotive aftermarket.…"
Mr. Saha's presentation, "Winning in Emerging Channels: e-Tailing," will provide conference participants with tools to take advantage of the opportunities presented through online retailing of parts. E-tailing could account for about 10 percent of aftermarket revenue by 2020, he said.
"At the very least, digitization opens up a dynamic channel of communication between suppliers, installers and end-users," Mr. Saha said. "On the other end, digital presence can, in theory, allow a supplier to sell directly to customers.
"Most importantly, e-retailing and other attendant technologies could potentially shake up an entrenched aftermarket structure," he said.
Frost & Sullivan has made available some slides from his presentation. Click here to access them.
Other speakers and their topics scheduled for the Vision Conference include:
- Ann Wilson, senior vice president, Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association — "Washington & States: Impacting Suppliers' Winning Strategies";
- James Burkhart, senior vice president, Federal-Mogul Corp. — "Winning in Exploding Markets: New Global Models";
- Tony Molla, vice president of communications, National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASA) — "The Changing Automotive Service Professional";
- David Portalatin, executive director of industry analysis, NPD Group Inc., moderating a panel on "What can a 'Hard Part' Supplier Learn from the Front Room Community?"
- Tanvir Arfi, president, Bosch Automotive Service Solutions — "What will be Required to be a Shop of the Future?";
- Bill Long, president and COO, AASA — "Implementing Innovation and Change to Win in the Aftermarket";
- Mike Odell, president and CEO, Pep Boys – Manny, Moe & Jack — "A New Approach to an Existing Model"; and
- Dan Risley, executive director, ASA, moderating a panel on "Understanding The Needs of Tomorrow's Independent Repair Facility."
For more information about the AASA Vision Conference, visit the association's website.
When is the last time you attended one of the national tire industry trade shows, such as SEMA, ITEC or the North American Tire & Retread Expo?
|I try and take in at least one show a year.||
|I usually attend one every few years.||
|There are so many tire maker and distributor meetings each year, I don’t see a need to attend one of the national shows.||
|I don’t find value in these shows and haven’t been to one in years.||
|I’d like to but I am too busy||