AKRON (Feb. 3, 2013) — Each week Tire Business tracks the top stories — a virtual "Digital Dozen" — on our website, based on readership data.
Of all the stories posted online last week at tirebusiness.com, here are the ones that drew the most interest:
• ATD to buy Hercules Tire for $310M;
• Chevy Spark only tiny car to pass crash tests;
• Nexen to supply 2015 Chrysler 200;
• Nissan Leaf tops 100,000 sales;
• Chrysler eyes more stand-alone Express Lanes;
• CTP gearing up for growth under new owners;
• Camoplast Solideal acquires Cherokee Tire;
• Monro Q3, 9 mo. results up double-digits;
• Conti officially opens Sumter plant;
• NASCAR opts for knockout-style qualifying this season;
• BLOG: Finding the balance; and
• Fountain Tire strengthens Ontario presence.
Does your dealership, company or auto service shop have an event, some information or a story you'd like to share? Email that information to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a daytime phone number at which a Tire Business reporter can contact you. You also can comment on stories on our website or send a letter to the editor by emailing us at email@example.com.
What is the most pressing issue facing your dealership in 2017?
|Finding skilled, qualified workers||
71% (103 votes)
|Competition from online tire sales||
16% (23 votes)
|Managing marketing and social media efforts||
7% (10 votes)
|Upgrading our shop’s technology and equipment||
5% (7 votes)
2% (3 votes)
|Total votes: 146|