AKRON (Feb. 3, 2013) — Each week Tire Business tracks the top stories — a virtual "Digital Dozen" — on our website, based on readership data.
Of all the stories posted online last week at tirebusiness.com, here are the ones that drew the most interest:
• ATD to buy Hercules Tire for $310M;
• Chevy Spark only tiny car to pass crash tests;
• Nexen to supply 2015 Chrysler 200;
• Nissan Leaf tops 100,000 sales;
• Chrysler eyes more stand-alone Express Lanes;
• CTP gearing up for growth under new owners;
• Camoplast Solideal acquires Cherokee Tire;
• Monro Q3, 9 mo. results up double-digits;
• Conti officially opens Sumter plant;
• NASCAR opts for knockout-style qualifying this season;
• BLOG: Finding the balance; and
• Fountain Tire strengthens Ontario presence.
Does your dealership, company or auto service shop have an event, some information or a story you'd like to share? Email that information to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a daytime phone number at which a Tire Business reporter can contact you. You also can comment on stories on our website or send a letter to the editor by emailing us at email@example.com.
How will the new Labor Department rule on overtime pay affect you?
|I've already had to demote some managers and assistant managers because of it||
|I was hoping to hire some new technicians soon. I can't now because of the new overtime rules||
|It won't affect me much||
|I think it's fair for assistant managers to get compensation for overtime||
|I'm voting a straight GOP ticket this November to see if we can get rid of this||
|Total votes: 82|