AKRON (Jan. 6, 2013) — Each week Tire Business tracks the top stories — a virtual "Digital Dozen" — on our website, based on readership data.
Of all the stories posted online last week at tirebusiness.com, here are the ones that drew the most interest:
• 'Fast & Furious 7' reworked to salvage late actor's scenes;
• Cooper terminates merger agreement with Apollo;
• Headline grabbers of 2013;
• Year in review: Formula 1;
• Auto makers' switch to new refrigerant will accelerate;
• Bridgestone to phase out Expert Tire brand;
• Here's what happens to stocks when the Fed hikes rates;
• Carlisle completes sale of tire-and-wheel unit;
• All marketing strategies should start with 'Why';
• Donald B. Rice Tire shortens name, changes logo;
• Magna Tyres, Terex strengthen cooperation; and
• Lanxess receives performance honor.
Does your dealership, company or auto service shop have an event, some information or a story you'd like to share? Email that information to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a daytime phone number at which a Tire Business reporter can contact you. You also can comment on stories on our website or send a letter to the editor by emailing us at email@example.com.
How stiff is the competition from car dealers selling tires in your area of operation?
|Not stiff at all, it's negligible||
21% (20 votes)
|Pretty intense but I'm holding my own and haven’t lost many sales||
26% (24 votes)
|It's moderately competitive but I’ll always beat their deals||
22% (21 votes)
|I've adjusted how I approach tire sales and it seems to be working to my benefit||
15% (14 votes)
|I'm ready to give up and look for another line of work||
16% (15 votes)
|Total votes: 94|