AKRON (Jan. 6, 2013) — Each week Tire Business tracks the top stories — a virtual "Digital Dozen" — on our website, based on readership data.
Of all the stories posted online last week at tirebusiness.com, here are the ones that drew the most interest:
• 'Fast & Furious 7' reworked to salvage late actor's scenes;
• Cooper terminates merger agreement with Apollo;
• Headline grabbers of 2013;
• Year in review: Formula 1;
• Auto makers' switch to new refrigerant will accelerate;
• Bridgestone to phase out Expert Tire brand;
• Here's what happens to stocks when the Fed hikes rates;
• Carlisle completes sale of tire-and-wheel unit;
• All marketing strategies should start with 'Why';
• Donald B. Rice Tire shortens name, changes logo;
• Magna Tyres, Terex strengthen cooperation; and
• Lanxess receives performance honor.
Does your dealership, company or auto service shop have an event, some information or a story you'd like to share? Email that information to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a daytime phone number at which a Tire Business reporter can contact you. You also can comment on stories on our website or send a letter to the editor by emailing us at email@example.com.
What is the top story from tire and automotive service industry in 2017?
|Icahn Automotive buys more than 225 retail and two other franchise groups with nearly 1,000 locations.||
36% (44 votes)
|Nokian and Triangle announce plans to build tire plants in North America, while Hankook and Giti officially open their N.A. plants.||
22% (27 votes)
|Love’s Travel Stops open 36 travel stops, acquire Speedco and the establish a retread business unit.||
11% (13 votes)
|Tire manufacturers hike prices as raw material prices fluctuate.||
17% (20 votes)
|K&M expands into New England by acquiring MotoStar.||
4% (5 votes)
|eBay Motors launches tire installation service for U.S, as well as automotive technician search service.||
10% (12 votes)
|Total votes: 121|