DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (Dec. 10, 2013) — The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) will kick off its 2014 webinar series Jan. 9 with “Twenty Ideas in 20 Minutes — Driving Business Growth and Fueling High Performance: How to Create a Sales-Service Excellence Culture.”
With the launch of the webinar, presented by popular SEMA Show speaker and author Christine Corelli, SEMA will implement a new format for its SEMA Education Institute (SEI). Traditionally hosted over a one-hour period, selected webinars will now be offered in concise 20-minute sessions, according to the Diamond Bar-based trade group.
“The shift serves to address our members’ busy schedules and challenges the presenter to focus the content on the key deliverables that will directly benefit our industry,” said Zane Clark, SEMA’s director of education. In addition to the reduced session length, SEI also will offer the sessions on Tuesdays instead of Thursdays and incorporate new formats, such as video conferencing and live interviews, SEMA said.
SEI’s webinar schedule for the first part of 2014 includes:
- Feb. 6 — “Opportunities for Growth: Working with the Top Auto Manufacturers,” presented by Automotive Industry Action Group;
- Feb. 20 — “So you want to be in Pictures? A How-to and the Pros and Cons of Product Placement in Film,” presented by Mark McFann, Cast a Long Shadow;
- March 4 — “SEMA Garage: Product Development and Innovation,” presented by Mike Spagnola, SEMA;
- March 18 — “911 Customer Service in 20 Minutes—Eight Words that Kill the Deal,” presented by Nancy “The Telephone Doctor” Friedman, a periodic contributor to Tire Business; and
- April 17 — “Volunteering at SEMA: Grow your Contacts, Grow your Business,” presented by SEMA Councils and Networks.
SEMA said SEI webinars are designed to provide representatives of SEMA-member companies with “timely updates and sessions covering best business practices, industry trends, sales and marketing and more.” Webinars are free to SEMA members and $29 for non-members.