NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (Dec. 9, 2013) — The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) honored 45 top automotive technicians – including nine who work for tire dealers or auto service businesses – at the institute’s recent fall board meeting in Newport Beach.
The ASE top technicians awards were sponsored by 38 companies from both OE and aftermarket segments in the auto, truck, collision and parts categories, along with three instructor awards.
Of the nine tire/auto service winners, six work for TBC Corp.’s retail division or franchised dealerships.
The technician winners for tire and/or auto service companies were:
- William O’Hara, Bridgestone Retail Operations/Firestone Complete Auto Care, Fairfield, Calif.
- Dana Haglin, Haglin Automotive, Boulder, Colo. (sponsored by CarQuest Auto Parts’ Tech-Net Professional Auto Service)
- Michael Gerhart, Pep Boys – Manny, Moe & Jack, Williamstown, N.J.
- Marlon Gonzales, TBC Corp./Big O Tires, Winchester, Calif.
- Christopher Gorman, TBC Corp./Midas International/Midas Auto Service, New Lenox, Ill.
- Anthony Sarzynksi, TBC Corp./Merchant’s Tire & Auto Centers, Baltimore.
- Bruce Nelson, TBC Corp./National Tire & Battery, Coon Rapids, Minn.
- Cass Pujo, TBC Corp./SpeeDee Oil Change & Tune-Upm Colfax, Calif.
- Rob Brennan, TBC Corp./Tire Kingdom, Pembroke Pines, Fla.
The ASE has been honoring the top technicians for more than 40 years.
“We couldn’t do this without the support of our many award sponsors, whose ranks include some of the best-known names in the industry,” said Tim Zilke, ASE President and CEO. “Their commitment to excellence is reflected in the talented individuals we recognize each year.”
The rest of the winners worked for car dealerships, collision repair shops or truck servicing dealerships.