LEESBURG, Va. (Oct. 25, 2013) — The Automotive Training Managers Council (ATMC) has awarded its National Excellence in Training Award for 2013 to seven firms, including Bridgestone Retail Operations L.L.C. and NAPA Auto Parts.
The winners were judged by a panel of ATMC training professionals for their ability to meet training objectives in a highly effective and innovative manner, the group said.
The winners will be recognized at the ATMC's Automotive Industry Week reception in Las Vegas on Nov. 6 during the Automotive Aftermarket Parts Exposition and Specialty Equipment Market Association Show. The reception will take place from 5-6:30 p.m. at the Sands Exposition Center, Rooms 308-309.
Bridgestone Retail was selected for its program, "Owning the Customer Experience," while NAPA was selected for its LEAD program.
Other winners are:
- Coordinating Committee for Automotive Repair, for its "Safety and Pollution Prevention" program;
- KPA L.L.C., for its DOT Hazardous Materials program;
- National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium for its "Clean Cities Learning Program Petroleum Reduction Technologies" program;
- NAPA AutoTech for its Ford Power Stroke Diesel Summit; and
- Penske Truck Leasing for its DE/ME Preventive Maintenance Certification program.
The ATMC is a non-profit dedicated to the advancement of training and professional development within the auto and truck service industry. It is a member of the ASE Industry Education Alliance, working to help members keep up with innovations in training delivery.
For more information about the ATMC, visit www.atmc.org or call 703-669-6617.