AKRON (Oct. 22, 2013) — Goodyear is offering its smaller commercial customers—owner-operators through mid-size fleets—full access to many of the advantages reserved for national account fleets through a program called "Smart Fleet."
Owner-operators and fleets that join the Smart Fleet program will enjoy:
• Access to premium Goodyear-branded truck tires and technologies.
• Online published pricing on new tires, retreads and services, which will be honored by participating, authorized Goodyear commercial tire dealerships. This network encompasses more than 2,200 locations nationwide.
• 24/7 roadside service, offered through the Goodyear-FleetHQ suite of business solutions.
• Customized tire performance and service activity reporting, "which helps fleets manage their tire investment more effectively."
• Tools to help fleets lower their operating costs and improve their results.
"Our mission is to help commercial trucking fleets of all sizes and configurations lower their operating costs through our Total Package Solution," said Jose Martinez, business solutions manager, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems, "and the Goodyear Smart Fleet program delivers a wide range of real-world benefits to help achieve this."
Goodyear is offering Smart Fleet to qualifying customers at no charge. Once approved, Smart Fleet members will receive detailed program and contact information; an identification card with a unique membership number; relevant tire and retread specs and pricing; a list of the top three recommended, authorized Goodyear commercial tire dealerships in their area; and more.
"On average, Goodyear-FleetHQ gets trucks up and running in two hours and 11 minutes," said Mr. Martinez, who noted Smart Fleet members will not have to pay a dispatch fee for road service calls.
Regarding pricing, Mr. Martinez said SmartFleet members will receive the same pricing at any participating Goodyear commercial tire dealership nationwide; all prices will be published at national account rates.
Smart Fleet members also will have the ability to streamline the scheduling of tire and service appointments by providing relevant information online, ahead of time, he said.
The program is intended for U.S. fleets for now, Goodyear said. A roll-out in Canada is expected during the first quarter of next year.
Interested parties can sign up for Smart Fleet at goodyeartrucktires.com/smartfleet. Assistance during the application process or after a fleet joins the program is available at 888-888-8687.