PRAGUE, Czech Republic (Oct. 14, 2013) — Mitas a.s. plans to unveil a range extension of CHO (Cyclic Harvesting Operation) tires at Agritechnica 2013 in Hannover, Germany, Nov. 12-16.
Mitas said it will present five new sizes of CHO tires under the Continental and Mitas brands.
"The range extension of CHO tires proves these tires are a favourite choice of combine harvester producers," said Andrew Mabin, Mitas sales and marketing director.
"Mitas now offers six sizes of CHO tires on worldwide markets under the Mitas and Continental brands."
The complete range of Mitas' CHO tires due at Agritechnica are in sizes:
• 900/70R32 CHO 182A8/179B;
• 680/85R32 CHO 178A8/175B;
• 800/70R38 CHO 178D/181A8;
• 900/60R32 CHO 176A8/173B;
• 900/60R38 CHO 178D/181A; and
• 800/70R32 CHO 175A8/172B (current size)
With CHO, Mitas said it has designed "extremely powerful tires for large combine harvesters" that are capable of "higher maximum loads than more conventional tires."
Hans-Ulrich Klose, head of the automotive engineering unit at Mitas, said with the CHO line the company has designed a tire capable of carrying more load at a lower tire pressure.
Additional features include:
• Maximum load capacity;
• Minimum inflation pressure during cyclic harvest operation;
• Good driving stability in road application;
• Use of standard rims;
• Reduction in soil compaction via a larger footprint; and
• Fulfils all legal requirements (limited vehicle width).
Mitas will be at Booth No. B 06, hall 9 at Agritechnica.